Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Diploma and/or Associate’s degree from a CODA-accredited dental assisting program;
2. Bachelor’s degree;
3. Three years of full-time or equivalent experience as a clinical dental assistant;
4. Teaching experience in dental assisting;
5. Current Continuing Dental Education experience in Dental Assisting course content;
6. Educational Methodology coursework experience;
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience as a clinical dental assistant;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in the Dental Assisting Department and advising for students pursuing the Dental Assisting Diploma and national certification
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Supports department stability and growth by monitoring the dental climate state, nation and worldwide.
19. Performs quality assurance measures as related to clinic protocol and patient care.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.