Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent work experience as a clinical dental hygienist;
3. Two years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience in dental hygiene;
4. RDH, CPR certifications.
1. Dental accreditation experience;
2. Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program;
3. SPICE Certification;
4. Experience teaching at a community college;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The Instructor, Dental Hygiene, is responsible for teaching curriculum classes, advising students, and creating innovative teaching methodologies. The department supports the College’s mission by Dental Hygiene courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Establishes learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
3. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
4. Maintains accurate records of student performance and submits grades according to deadlines.
5. Teaches all levels of Dental Hygiene courses.
6. Teaches appropriate course load as determined by the Dean, Allied Health, and the Vice President of Instruction.
7. Serves on campus committees.
8. Advises students.
9. Advances use of technology.
10. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline.
11. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College Statement.
12. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.