Instructor, Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree in Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology or closely related field OR Diploma in Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology.
- Ten years of experience with medium to heavy-duty truck repair in a shop environment. Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a United States Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
- Do you have a ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck Certification, and/or Current OEM Training Certifications
• Bachelors or higher degree in Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology or closely related field.
• Five years of teaching experience.
• Five years’ experience as a training technician, working truck shop, manufacturer specific factory training in engines, electrical and emission systems.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English.
• CDL Class A license.
The Instructor, Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technologies will teach assignments as recommended by the program coordinator or department chairperson and approved by the dean. Duties include but are not limited to: preparing course outlines and objectives, evaluating courses offered, recruiting and advising students, serving on college committees as assigned, and assuming responsibility for equipment and facilities; other duties may be assigned. Schedule may consist of day and evening classes.
Teaching and Learning:
• Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the department chairperson and approved by the dean.
• Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful.
• Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies.
• Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed.
• Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
• Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
• Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable.
• Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course.
• Maintain, review and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary.
• Make recommendations to department chairperson for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities.
• Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise.
• Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise.
• Provide assistance to advisees.
• Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities.
• Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees.
• Use the computer and the college=s student information system to assist advisees.
• Follow up on all assigned advisees.
• Attend training sessions relative to advising.
• Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the department chair and then the dean and participate in those activities that achieve approved professional development activities.
• Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
• Maintain membership and participation in professional organizations.
• Read professional literature.
• Keep abreast of current technology.
• Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
• Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
• Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
• Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
• Serve on committees as required.
• Participate in college-wide activities.
• Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable.
• Be alert to public relations opportunities and uses these to promote the college and the department.
• Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Forsyth Technical Community College
Main Campus - Allman Building
2100 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston-Salem, NC 27103