Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, April 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard.
4. NC DEA license, and current DVM in NC.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction and advising in the Veterinary Medical Technology program. This position also contributes to the College and division initiatives. This individual must possess the knowledge and skills at DVM level to teach and supervise students in classroom, laboratory, clinical and internship settings. Must exhibit a positive attitude toward students and the teaching process, and serve as a positive role model, patient advocate and productive veterinary community member.
1. Teaches all levels of courses within the Veterinary Medical Technology curriculum.
2. Supervises students in classroom, lab and clinical environments.
3. Develops teaching materials, activities, and handouts for each course.
4. Prepares and delivers lectures to students.
5. Participates in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation activities to improve the instructional quality of the program.
6. Serves on department, division, and College level committees.
7. Advises students.
8. Maintains professional certification and seeks opportunities for professional development.
9. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by Department Chairperson.