Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
340 Victoria Rd
Asheville NC 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, February 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s degree in Early Childhood, Birth-Kindergarten (B-K), Pre-K/Primary, Child Development, Child & Family Studies, Early Intervention, or related degree with at least 18 hours in one of those areas;
2. Experience working in early childhood at a child care center, preschool, NC Pre-K, Developmental Day, early intervention program, or other related program serving children ages 0-5;
3. Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) for online coursework as either an instructor or student.
1. Experience teaching at a community college.
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience with teaching children in an early childhood setting.
3. Experience as a supervisor in an early childhood education setting.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
(This position is grant funded through December 2025) This position recruits and coordinates a cohort of Early Childhood Education students as part of a workforce development program, instructs both continuing education and curriculum courses as part of the two certificate programs in Early Childhood, provides advising and both academic and non-academic supports for enrolled and prospective students, engages in active community outreach to child care centers and high schools, and participates in other relevant grant-related activities. This position will instruct face-to-face evening courses on campus and/or off-site in addition to online and hybrid courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and taskforces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Develops strong partnerships with appropriate community stakeholders in support of program and college improvement.
19. Participates in and attends community stakeholder meetings and committees as assigned.
20. Stays current with developments in the field of education (birth – age 5).
21. Performs other duties as assigned.