- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Some technical/professional training beyond high school
- 5 years’ experience in the Electrical Lineman field
- Prior teaching experience preferred.
Instructor, Electrical Lineman will teach classroom sessions, conduct research in subject issues and industry trends, evaluate student progress, and develop instructional plans. Review and request new materials, maintain records, and prepare a variety of reports as requested. Will be teaching alone or with a team of instructors for the Electrical Lineman course. Coursework includes Safe Line Truck Operations, Pole Climbing Safety, Line Construction, Single Phase to Three Phase Conversion, Transformer Installation and Service, and other related topics. Will also recommend changes to the curriculum and keep the outdoor lab site in a safe condition.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach program material via seated and online classes as required by the schedule.
- Learn new material to keep up with changing technology.
- Facilitate regular and substantive interaction via proactive communication with students.
- Participate in recruiting new students.
- Ensure classrooms, labs, and lab equipment are in good repair and maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
- Serve as a mentor to students in your area of expertise.
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, incorporates appropriate content and pedagogy, and is relevant to current events/trends.
- As needed, teach classes online, on-campus, and/or at off-campus sites.
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with students.
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning.
- Ensure cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories.
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s).
- Coordinate the evaluation and acquisition of instructional materials, audiovisual aids, support and equipment needs.
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to the established template and guidelines, providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations, evaluation criteria, and access to student services.
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate accessibility for students, including availability by email and a minimum of five office hours a week.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College.
- Advocate and provide motivation for students.
- Serve as an educational advisor to assigned students by providing academic and employment planning.
- Maintain regular, appropriate, professional communication with advisees.
- Participate in semester advising and registration activities as assigned.
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness and completeness of all data.
- Remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities, including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as approved.
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College as requested.
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as assigned.
- Participate in campus activities.
- Maintain posted office and on-campus hours sufficient to fulfill all contracted duties and individual professional obligations and meet the needs of the discipline, department, division, and College.
- Maintain regular, professional communication within the college and affiliated industry contacts.
- Support all functions of the College, including compliance with all facets of the College's policies.
Other Duties Specific to this Position
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet program needs.
- Report any safety issues or maintenance needs on the lineman site to the AVP or the Instructor/Coordinator, Continuing Education – AMIT.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- TimeClock Plus
- eLearning Tools
- Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001