VGCC Main Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, February 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Diploma in Electrical Systems Technology or a closely related field
2. Three years related work experience
1. Teaching experience
2. Current Contractor’s license
3. Associate’s degree in Electrical Systems Technology or a closely related field
• Collaborate with Program Head and/or Department Chair regarding course assignment per semester.
• Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, student learning outcomes, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and/or Department Chair each semester.
• Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns, and notify Program Head and/or Department Chair of any changes.
• Update Moodle course page to use in enhanced, hybrid and online courses prior to start of semester.
• Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
• Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
• Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
• Inform Program Head and/or Department Chair of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, plagiarism) as soon as possible.
• Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program and submit them in a timely manner as directed by the program head and/or department chair.
• Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
• Recommend adoption or discontinuance of textbooks and/or other instructional supplies and equipment to the Program Head and/or Department Chair or Academic/Campus Dean.
• Recommend new books, magazines, materials and equipment for use in the LRC to Program Head and/or Department Chair (as appropriate).
• Maintain a minimum of five posted office hours per week for student conferences. These hours may be extended during registration at the discretion of the Program Head and/or Department Chair or Academic/Campus Dean.
• Regularly participate as a member of assigned institutional committees and attend scheduled program/department meetings.
• Serve as a faculty advisor for assigned students in matters pertaining to an advisee’s academic progress, scheduling, and related matters.
• Engage in professional development.
• Performs community service activities.
• Participates in student recruitment efforts as directed.
• Experiments with new, innovative teaching techniques.
• Obtains and maintains certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
• Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Program Head and/or Department Chair or Academic/Campus Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440