- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 21, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Electrical Systems Technology or related field from a regionally accredited institution and four years work experience in electrical maintenance, automation or instrumentation
Responsible for providing effective instruction consistent with established objectives, effective advisement of students, accurate record keeping and reporting, and curriculum or course review and evaluation.
- Provide effective learning experiences for students using a variety of teaching methods.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of students and which follows the designated outline format of the College.
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Department Chair and the Associate Vice President and Chief Program Officer prior to the course being taught.
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each class taught, the retention and graduation rate of all advisees and submit this information to the respective department chair in May of each year.
- Contact students who are absent from class.
- Schedule regular student contact hours and post schedule prior to the end of the add period.
- Serve as curriculum student advisor as assigned and verify readiness for graduation.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain shop and lab safety within current regulations.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional and office equipment and report any irregularities to department chair.
- Leave classrooms suitable for the next class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and to submit reports according to the established schedule.
- Perform assigned duties during registration and extended registration.
- Present to the respective Department Chair recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Department Chair as to supply, textbook, resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Attend all scheduled faculty meetings unless there is a conflict with a scheduled class.
- Work with the program advisory committee related to curriculum.
- Serve on institutional committees and to fulfill committee assignments.
- Participate in on-going curriculum review and formal evaluation and implement necessary changes for improvement.
- Stay abreast of changes in technology and obtain recognized certification(s) as required in identified software and/or hardware systems.
- Recognize technology-based instructional methodologies
- Instruct, as needed, on-line or technology based course(s) in keeping with the workload policy.
- Attend annual graduation exercises.
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to email@example.com