- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Systems Technology or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution or the equivalent (e.g., journeyman apprentice) with the ability to attain an Associate’s Degree within 2 years of employment
- Three years recent, relevant experience as an electrician, or similar job title.
- Experience with residential, commercial and industrial wiring
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in electrical systems technology topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Licensed electrician with experience in the commercial industry.
- More than three years recent, relevant experience as an electrician, or similar job title.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical systems in commercial buildings, including wiring, lighting, and power distribution.
- Experience installing commercial photovoltaic systems.
- Experience installing commercial low voltage systems.
- Experience installing electrical systems in residential construction, including the following: wiring, lighting, power distribution, home automation, photovoltaic and/or low voltage systems
- Post-secondary teaching experience in Electrical Systems Technology
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional person, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach Electrical Systems Technology lecture and laboratory courses within the program. These courses may cover any of the following topics: residential, commercial and industrial wiring, motors, motor controls, switchgears and industrial motor control centers, interpretation of electrical prints, schematics and diagrams, PLC and photovoltaic systems design.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact