- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, November 12, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associate’s degree in Emergency Medical Science (EMS) or closely related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• North Carolina Paramedic Credential
• North Carolina Level I Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Instructor Certification or the ability to obtain it within one year of hire.
• Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
• Three years of relevant or closely related field experience in Emergency Medical Science (EMS)
• One year of Emergency Medical Science (EMS) training/teaching experience based on regulatory training standards in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
• Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Medical Science (EMS) or closely related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and/ or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor
• North Carolina Level I Paramedic Instructor
• Greater than three years of relevant field experience in Emergency Medical Science (EMS) or closely related career field
• Greater than one year of Emergency Medical Science (EMS) training/teaching experience based on regulatory training standards in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
• Post-secondary teaching experience
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing Emergency Medical Science (EMS) courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college. The EMS OE Instructor will prepare and teach the non-credit In-Service Training, pre-service EMT training as well as American Heart Association courses and the training in accordance with the requirements of the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Science (NCOEMS). This position will support program functions by providing customer service, data support and documentation services. It will also work to maintain program compliance with accreditation standards according to Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC), American Heart Association (AHA), Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP), Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAHEEP) and Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPSE). This position reports directly to the Program Director of EMS, with oversight by the Dean of Human Services and Public Safety.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact