Multiple On-Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Anatomy/Physiology, or Master's degree in Biology with a concentration in Anatomy/Physiology, or Master's degree in a closely related field with 18 graduate semester hours of Anatomy/Physiology from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Student centered approach to education
- Two years teaching experience at the post-secondary level and experience teaching via internet
* This job posting has been created for the purpose of having a pool of applicants for consideration when a job opening is available with the college. *
The role of the Part-time Instructor EMS, Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles, and delivery methods including new technology systems will be utilized to reach this goal. The PT instructor, EMS (A&P) receives supervision from EMS Program Coordinator, Emergency Medical Sciences Department.
Examples of Duties
- Prepares, teaches, and evaluates assigned instructional courses (internet & lab)
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Create, maintain and update course information as well as grades in MyCourses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates textbooks for relevancy, quality and currency, making recommendations as
- necessary per established policy.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in lab(s) or classroom.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class and when needed, refer students
- to the Academic Support Center for assistance.
- Writes letters of recommendations for students on request if appropriate.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in the academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.