- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, May 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master's degree in engineering from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Student centered approach to education.
• Commitment to teaching in a comprehensive community college.
• A master's degree in Mechanical Engineer or Civil Engineering.
• Experience with SolidWorks drafting software
• One year teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
• Experience teaching via internet and/or web conference
The role of the Part-time Instructor, Engineering - Drafting is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities, utilizing SolidWorks, that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles and delivery methods including new technology systems will be utilized to reach this goal.
The part-time Instructor, Engineering-Drafting receives supervision from the Chair, Mathematics and Engineering Department.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches and evaluates assigned instructional courses (classroom and lab).
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates textbooks for relevancy, quality and currency, making recommendations as necessary per established policy.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Provides information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in the classroom.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class.
- Writes letters of recommendations for students on request if appropriate.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.