- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s Degree in English from an accredited institution, or master’s degree in a related field with 18 graduate-level credit hours in English from an accredited institution.
2. Classroom teaching experience required.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to move between classrooms, buildings, and campuses
• Ability to express or exchange ideas
• Good eye/hand dexterity
1. Community college teaching experience preferred.
2. Experience teaching students ages 15-18 preferred.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator for English, the English Instructor is responsible for teaching transfer and general education English courses and college success courses and for advising transfer students. Assigned courses may include seated courses, online courses, evening courses, courses taught on the College’s main campus, and courses taught on local high school campuses to students enrolled in the Career & College Promise Program.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College