Multiple On-Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in English or master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours of English from a regionally accredited college or university.
The role of the part-time Instructor, English is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles, and delivery methods including new technology systems will be utilized to reach this goal.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches and evaluates assigned instructional courses.
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates textbooks for relevancy, quality and currency, making recommendations as necessary per established policy.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class.
- Writes letters of recommendations for students on request if appropriate.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.