Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Certificate in Esthetics or Cosmetology;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent work experience as an esthetician or cosmetologist.
3. NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners Esthetician or Cosmetologist License;
4. NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners Esthetician Teacher or Cosmetologist Teacher License.
1. Associate’s degree in Cosmetology;
2. Experience teaching at a community college.
3. Pivot Point Trained.
4. Five years of full-time or equivalent work experience as an esthetician or cosmetologist.
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction and advising in Spa Therapies and Operations Department.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Maintains knowledge of and compliance with the NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners laws, rules, and expectations.
19. Assists in maintaining inventory supplies for classroom and instructional needs.
20. Provides oversight in clinical lab during client/guest services.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.