- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, May 19, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection or a closely related field with 18 graduate credit hours in fire protection from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Five years of recent experience in a fire protection/fire service field setting and/or as an instructor in fire protection.
- Three years of post-secondary teaching or industry training experience in fire protection topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
Master’s degree in Fire Protection or a closely related field from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Greater than five years of recent experience in a fire protection/fire service field setting and/or as an instructor in fire protection.
- Greater than three years of post-secondary teaching or industry training experience in fire protection topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
- Community College teaching or training experience preferred.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
The Fire Protection Technology Instructor at Guilford Technical Community College will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, assisting in the developing of courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The instructor will prepare and teach the Fire Protection Technology courses in accordance with the requirements of the college. This position works collaboratively with the Program Director of Fire Protection Technology and reports directly to the Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact