- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Possess/maintain a NC General Contractor’s License.
Professionalism: The ability to interact with adult students in a manner that encourages learning and avoids criticism of any person, agency, or organization. Maintain professional appearance and attire.
Five years experience as a General Contractor.
- The ability to effectively communicate and instruct student learning objectives and present accurate and relevant information through topic mastery of the subject matter, using correct grammar and vocabulary.
- The ability to learn/utilize instructional aids (computer, LCD projector, etc.) and varied instructional applications and techniques for successful delivery of course content.
- Develop various General Contractor instructional course materials for submission to, and approval by, the NC General Contractors Licensing Board.
- Participate in and support ongoing course assessment, planning, and evaluation to improve student learning.
- Maintain accurate class paperwork and submit at the end of class.
- Maintain classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner to Director of Trades Program.
- Register and attend NC General Contractors Licensing Board Train-the-Trainer.
- Complete, and forward to Director of Trades Program, the Instructor Application Packet, for annual submission to the NC General Contractors Board.