- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a national accredited institution in Health Information Technology, OR, an Associate degree from a national accredited institution in Health Information Technology and a Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited institution in a related field required.
- Current credentials from the American Association for Health Information (AHIMA) required.
- Credentials from the Registered Health Information Management (RHIA) or the Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) required.
- Demonstrated ongoing continuing education in the field of Health Information Technology.
- Must meet SACSCOC criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior community college and online teaching experience preferred.
- Two years of related (non-teaching) work experience in the Health Information Technology field preferred.
- Must be willing to teach classes during summer semester.
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in curriculum instruction required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Must be able to meet the same technical standards as students admitted into the Pharmacy Technology Health
- Information Technology Program, with or without accommodations.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/26/21
The full-time Lead Faculty/Instructor is a position with primary efforts focused on teaching and learning, academic excellence, and student success. Responsible for program effectiveness, including outcomes, organization, administration, continuous review, planning, and development. The Health Information Technology (HIT) Lead Faculty/Instructor has a role in leading the program, including administration and budget development. This position is responsible for obtaining initial accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adheres to all College Policies and Procedures.
2. Engages in activities that promote recruitment, retention, and student success.
3. Facilitates student learning to meet the program learning outcomes.
4. Infuses a culture of assessment of student learning into the instructional environment to inform improvements in curriculum, pedagogy, resources, and student success.
5. Ensures timely, consistent, and accurate record keeping in support of student success and accreditation requirements.
6. Fosters equity and respect for diversity among students with a focus on student learning.
7. Integrates appropriate instructional technology and instructional materials to enhance student learning outcomes and promote student success.
8. Engages collaboratively with colleagues by using data-informed decision making to continually improve courses within the Health Information Technology program of study.
9. Collaborates with colleagues across the College to identify and provide appropriate resources that promote student learning and completion.
10. Maintains currency in teaching discipline and in the issues of higher education and stays current with professional issues by maintaining membership of the American Association for Health Information (AHIMA).
11. Teaches at various instructional sites and in multiple delivery formats as needed to meet scheduling needs of students and the Health Information Technology Program, which could include day, evening, and weekend options.
12. Participates in activities necessary to achieve and maintain program accreditation through CAHIIM.
13. Submit all required reports in a timely manner and maintain accurate program records.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact