- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, March 7, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Office Administration, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or the ability to earn within 9 months of hire date
- Three years of relevant medical office experience to include:
- Outpatient Medical Coding experience (provider and/or facility setting)
- Medical insurance claims review and submission experience
- Claims denial review and resubmission experience
- Practice management system and/or electronic health record experience
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in healthcare/medical office technology topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
- Master’s degree in Medical Office Administration, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Certified Professional Coder-Instructor (CPC-I) and/or Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Greater than three years of relevant medical office experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) experience
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructor, Healthcare and Medical Office Administration.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college. The full-time Healthcare and Office Administration (HOA) faculty member participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact