Instructor, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) ($5,000 Hiring Bonus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, April 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Hold a valid Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Universal Certification, as required by 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F of Section 608 of the Clean Air Act of 1990 or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- Certified Master HVACR Educator or the ability to attain the title within 3 years of employment. Information about the certification can be found at escogroup.org/certifications/credentialing.aspx.
- 3 years of relevant industry experience as a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVACR) field service technician.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience in HVACR topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, on-the-job training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- More than 3 years of relevant industry experience as a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVACR) field service technician.
- Post-secondary teaching experience.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance education modalities.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional instructor, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructor, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR).
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will prepare and teach HVACR courses designed for career technical programs while caring for and maintaining the HVACR facilities. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide variety of HVACR processes in a laboratory environment and may be required to teach day, evening and/or weekend hours. GTCC’s program is accredited by HVAC Excellence, https://www.escogroup.org/accreditation/accreditedprograms.aspx.
How to Apply
For the complete job description and to apply on-line, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7293
Job Post Contact