Nash Correctional Institution
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High School Diploma and at least five years of experience in residential/commercial HVAC experience. CFC Certification required.
Associates Degree in HVAC from a regionally accredited institution or a HVAC certification and five years of HVAC experience.
****This is a part-time instructional position at Nash Correctional Institution. Selected candidate must be able to pass DOC security clearances****
- Provide effective instruction to students using a variety of instructional methodologies to accommodate diverse learning styles
- Plan, organize and develop lesson, units, and programs to improve student’s functional and academic competencies through interaction.
- Give students at the beginning of each course a course outline which lists measurable learning objectives and expected outcomes of students and which follows the designated outline format of the College.
- Maintain well managed and organized classroom environment and report problems in a timely manner.
- Develop and submit up-to-date course outlines to the Dean of Continuing Education prior to the course being taught.
- Assess on a regular basis the success rate of students in each class taught, the future training needs of students and submit this information to the Dean of Continuing Education.
- Maintain and adhere to all safety regulations associated with the program and classroom/lab environment.
- Monitor and safeguard the use of all inventory, equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and submit student attendance reports promptly and accurately.
- Present to the Coordinator of Prison Education recommendations for improving the instructional programs.
- Furnish input to the Coordinator of Prison Education as to supply, textbook, resource, and equipment needs for instructional purposes.
- Maintain a professional relationship with Nash Correctional Institution staff and enlist their assistance in maintaining an adequate number of students enrolled.
- Participate in on-going program review and formal evaluation and implement necessary changes for improvement.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by Nash Community College.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of Nash Community College.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**