Flat Rock, NC: Henderson County
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, February 3, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Blue Ridge Community College currently has an opening for a full time Instructor- Human Services Technology 9 month position. The primary purpose of this position is to: Sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations (including qualified high school students) to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the Human Services related disciplines. Performing record keeping function in the areas of attendance, student learning outcomes, student performance assessment, data collection for accreditation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists students by advisement in the areas of academic planning and learning support.
Education: Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or closely-related discipline. (Instructor must demonstrate 18 hours of Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology course work or related areas at the Masters level.)
Experience: All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong personal and professional integrity, work-ethic and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset.
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting.
• Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
• Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, businesses, college staff, and the general public.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact