Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience in higher education.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Experience with Learning Management Systems;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Human Services Technology and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Human Services Technology.
1. Supports equity in all aspects.
2. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
3. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
4. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
5. Advises students.
6. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
7. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
8. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
9. Enforces College policies and procedures
10. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
11. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
12. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
13. Supports the College’s Mission, Vision, Values, and RISE Statements.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.