- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with 18 graduate semester hours in Human Services Technology, Social Work or related field.
Relevant industry experience and teaching experience in a community college or university setting. Experience delivering online and/or hybrid courses are a plus. Industry or national certifications also a plus. Candidates with additional coursework, qualified to teach other disciplines, preferred.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline.
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline.
- Connect their subject matter with related fields.
- Stay current in their subject matter through professional development, involvement in professional organizations, and attending professional meetings, conferences, or workshops.
- Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience when appropriate.
- Teaching Performance
- Teach a course load appropriate to their field, discipline, and position title (faculty 18-21 hrs. per semester).
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize documented student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Employ available instructional technology when appropriate.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives.
- Incorporate core competencies and general education competencies into curriculum.
- Develop, update, and post course syllabi in a timely manner.
- Evaluation of Student Learning
- Establish meaningful and accurate student learning outcomes for courses and programs.
- Develop and explain methods that fairly measure student progress towards student learning outcomes.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit final grade rosters to registrar.
- Support of College Policies and Procedures
- Teach classes as assigned by the College.
- Teach credit or non-credit courses within field or discipline as needed.
- Post and maintain regular office hours to ensure accessibility to colleagues and to students for advisement and consultation.
- Serve as faculty advisor within the current college advisement system.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with program and divisional policies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information.
- Substitute for other instructors within field or discipline in case of an absence.
- Exercise stewardship of college facilities and materials.
- Participation in College, Division, and Departmental Activities
- Serves on college, divisional, and departmental committees as assigned.
- Participate in meeting and events required by the college, division, and department chairs.
- Respond in a timely fashion to information requests from college, division, and department chairs.
- Support both part-time and full-time colleagues.
- Contribute to program and division curriculum development processes.
- Participate in graduation ceremonies.
- Provide attendance data as required.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in communication with students, colleagues, staff, and administrators, as an individual or as part of a team.
- Contribution to Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs
- Maintain familiarity with college goals, mission, and long-range plans.
- Contribute to planning and development processes through appropriate mechanisms and channels.
- Participate in professional activities that contribute to the educational goals of the college and its constituents.
- Perform professional responsibilities in accordance with pertinent goals, missions, and plans of the college, division, and departments.
- Duties may include both day and evening hours.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Job Post Contact
Mrs. Frankie Sutter, Director of Personnel
Sampson Community College
1801 Sunset Avenue P.O. Box 318
Clinton, NC 28329
(910) 900-4043 (910) 592-8048 fax