Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 12, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s Degree in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work;
2. Teaching experience in higher education.
1. Two years full-time or equivalent teaching experience in higher education.
2. Five years industry related experience
3. Experience teaching at a community college.
4. Experience with Learning Management Systems.
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language
Job Description Summary
Serves as primary contact for information and assistance related to the hiring of part-time temporary, adjunct, and student employees of the College. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding the applicant, employee, and former employee information. Supports the selection and hiring process by providing accurate, courteous, and efficient service to the various internal and external customers served by this position. Collects evaluates and maintains required faculty and staff credentials. Demonstrates RISE for people as individuals and shows a commitment to providing a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment.
- Maintains mastery of subject matter.
- Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
- Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
- Advises students.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
- Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
- Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
- Enforces College policies and procedures
- Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
- Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
- Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
- Supports the College’s Mission, Vision, Values, and RISE Statements.
- Supports diversity and equity in all aspects.
- Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
- Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
- Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
- Completes required professional development annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.