High Point, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree in a Human Services discipline such as counseling, psychology, social work or marriage and family therapy from a regionally accredited college/university.
• Clinical practice license such as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
• Three years of recent experience in a human services practice setting and/or as an instructor in human services.
• Post-secondary teaching or industry training experience in human services, conducting training sessions or conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars (e.g. human services, etc.).
• Doctorate degree in a Human Services discipline such as counseling, psychology, social work or marriage and family therapy from a regionally accredited college/university.
• A current substance abuse certification such as Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC), Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist (LCAS) or Master Addiction Counselor (MAC)
• Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) certification
• Greater than three years of recent experience in a human services practice setting and/or as an instructor in human services
• Experience with clinical supervision
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
• Community College teaching or training experience preferred.
The Human Services Instructor at Guilford Technical Community College will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, assisting in the developing of courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The instructor will prepare and teach the Human Services Substance Abuse courses in accordance with the requirements of the college. This position works collaboratively with the Program Director of Human Services and reports directly to the Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact