Courses may be scheduled for day, evening, or weekends and in WCC’s service area and high schools
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 10, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related discipline
- Minimum of two year’s work experience in the field
- CCNA Instructor Training or willingness to obtain within one year
- Education and/or experience in computer networking and security.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Five year’s work experience in the field
- Combination of industry certifications below:
- CISCO CCNA certification
- CompTIA Security +
- A+ exam 220-1001, 220-1002
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Experience in:
- artificial intelligence
- computer networking and security.
This is a full-time, 9-month position. The faculty member must instruct assigned courses in accordance with NCCCS curriculum standards and course descriptions in addition to the standards and guidelines set forth by SACS-COC. Courses may be scheduled for day, evening, or weekends and in WCC’s service area and high schools. WCC views faculty members as learning-facilitators who actively engage students in the learning process.
The Information Technology faculty position includes the following responsibilities and expectations:
- Eighteen to twenty-five hour contact-hour teaching load comprised of networking and security courses within the Information Technology program of study – networking, security, hardware, software, etc.
- Hold required office hours.
- Utilize instructional plans to direct and assess student progress in achieving performance requirements of the program.
- Assist lead instructor in ongoing business and industry relationships to foster growth and ensure curriculum reflects industry needs.
- Learner-centered, outcomes-based instruction delivered via traditional classroom, video, virtual, and internet.
- Assist with semester scheduling, textbook order, and other administrative planning tasks as needed.
- Assist with student recruitment for programs and the division.
- Support career and college promise classes to ensure curriculum alignment.
- Design and lead hands-on lab activities.
- Commitment to WCC’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Support the college’s initiatives to enhance the learning environment and execute our mission.
- Effective advising/faculty mentoring to promote program/goal completion.
- Continuous improvement through assessment and evidence-based decision making.
- Serve on division and college committees, as assigned.
- Support of student organizations and other campus activities.
- Maintain currency in the teaching discipline(s).
- Participate in professional development.
- Other duties required by supervisor.
- An understanding of the mission and organization of the NC Community College System.
Applicants for the position of Information Technology Instructor are encouraged to review WCC Policies and Procedures and the current WCC catalog.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact