Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline with 18 graduate hours in computer-related field (completed or currently enrolled with continuous enrollment until completion);
2. Teaching experience;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard;
4. Experience in two of the following within the past five years:
1) Java, C++, C# or other current object-oriented application language
2) databases (MySQL, SQL, or SQL Server preferred)
3) Web Programming, including but not limited to PHP, HTML, and CSS
4) Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other Digital Media related software.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in computer technology, database, programming, and digital media for students pursing the Associate of Information Technology: Software and Web Development and the Associate of Digital Media Technology degrees. This position also contributes to General Education, and to College and Division initiatives.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Teaches in various formats and in various locations.
3. Establishes learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
4. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
5. Maintains accurate records of student performance and submits grades according to deadlines.
6. Serves on College committees.
7. Advises students.
8. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline.
9. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Attends and participates in Departmental Activities, including (but not limited to) recruitment events, Student Expo, and departmental meetings.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.