Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County.
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 9, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for an Instructor-Information Technology, 9 month. The primary purpose of the Instructor of Information Technology position is to sustain teaching performance at appropriate college levels for all assigned student populations to include course loads, instructional technology, instructional materials and innovative communication delivery in the information technology related disciplines. This load may include seated, hybrid, and online classes with day and evening course assignments which may include courses at any campus location or at any area high school.
Education: Masters’ Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in Information Technology or related area preferred. Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology or related field required.
Experience: All persons must provide verifiable and relevant professional experience in a work-place setting or demonstrated instructional/teaching environment. The ideal candidate will be required to possess a minimum of 10-15 years of relevant industry work experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Current knowledge of a variety of Information Technology topics including use of Microsoft Office applications. The person filling this position must possess strong personal and professional integrity, good interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety.
Demonstrated proficiency using technology relevant to the course(s) being taught including any of the following subject areas:
• Microsoft Office Suite or similar productivity suite products,
• General programming and computer science concepts as well as basic UML diagramming
• Intermediate Java programming
• Android Mobile App and responsive HTML5 design and development
• Fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts and strong Cisco IOS, switch and router configuration
• General PC and Mac hardware and software technical support and troubleshooting knowledge
• Information Security concepts and administration
• Core HTML concepts and website creation and administration skills using WordPress
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of several, but not necessarily all, of the knowledge areas outlined above.
The following knowledge and skills are also required of this candidate.
• Strong personal and professional integrity, good verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, and a commitment to safety.
• Student-centered mindset
• Solution-centered mindset, works well in a team setting
• Team player who contributes to a positive environment and a department workplace emphasizing institutional core values
• Ability to develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with community organizations, high school partners, college staff, and the general public.
• Flexible schedule- is available in the evenings and on weekends as needed
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact