VGCC Franklin Campus
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, March 8, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Masters Degree with 18 hours in Information Technology, Cyber Security, or a related field; Degrees and hours must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
Teaching experience preferred.
-Experience working in a flexible learning environment – both online and seated.
-Certifications to include A+, Net+, Server+, Security+, CCNA, ITIL Foundation Certification, and is a certified In CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst+ or CISSP – Certified Information System Security Professional.
-Teaching experience with a learning management system, preferably Moodle.
• Collaborate with Program Head and/or Department Chair regarding course assignment per semester.
• Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, student learning outcomes, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and/or Department Chair each semester.
• Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns, and notify Program Head and/or Department Chair of any changes.
• Update Moodle course page to use in enhanced, hybrid and online courses prior to start of semester.
• Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
• Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
• Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
• Inform Program Head and/or Department Chair of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
• Assess student learning outcomes.
• Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
• Be sure to maintain regular communications with students and provide assistance and support to students as needed.
• Serve as a faculty advisor for assigned students in matters pertaining to an advisee’s academic progress, scheduling, and related matters.
• Engage in professional development if/when provided by the college
• Obtains and maintains certification in online delivery systems as required by the college.
• Demonstrates proficiency in technology required by the academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Program Head and/or Department Chair or Academic/Campus Dean.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Vance-Granville Community College
Human Resources Department
252-492-2061 Ext. 3440