201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Credentialing as a Cosmetology or Manicuring/Nail Technology Instructor required.
- Must meet minimum SACS criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience teaching college-level courses required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Exposure to typical elements associated with a Manicuring and Nail Technology classroom and lab environment.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- 2 years of Community college teaching experience preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications will be accepted until 11/4/22
Teach Manicuring and Nail Technology. The Manicuring/Nail Technology curriculum provides competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the nail technology industry. The curriculum provides a simulated salon environment which enables students to develop manipulative skills. Course work includes instruction in all phases of professional nail technology, business/computer principles, product knowledge, and other related topics.A full-time faculty member is a college employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time faculty member is a demanding one that involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to college and community. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles, and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect, maintain collegial relationships, and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain a high degree of flexibility to be accessible and accommodate student needs, which may require meetings outside of scheduled classroom or office time consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, Division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College's service to students and to the community.
- Use of College technology systems such as Blackboard, AVISO, accessibility software, etc. Required.
- Assist the appropriate associate dean or chair in the following areas as appropriate: developing academic programs, scheduling day and evening classes, developing program budgets, requisitioning and maintaining equipment and supply inventories, and assisting in ensuring facilities security and safety in his or her instructional area.
- Make recommendations concerning curriculum content revisions, textbook adoptions, new course offerings, and assist with the selection, orientation, and training of new faculty members.
- Maintain program laboratory materials and supplies and recommend appropriate procurement of materials and supplies.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact