Multiple On-Campus locations
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 12, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least two years of work experience or specialized training at the level required to
- meet professional preparation of assigned area of instruction.
- Must be able to lift at least 25lbs.
- Certificate, Diploma, or Associate's degree in a Marine Trade Technology, or closely related field of study from a regionally
- accredited college or university. Completed path through apprenticeship to journeyman at a shipyard is also a plus
- Five years of industry experience
- Teaching experience
- OSHA certified
The role of the Part-Time Instructor, Marine Trades is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest and motivate students to pursue marine trade careers.
Currently seeking instructors with experience in sheet metal, pipefitting, marine electrical and general skills including blueprint reading, using hand and power tools, measurement, safe work practices and employability skills.
The Instructor, Marine Trades (Part-Time) receives supervision from the Program Coordinator, EDA Grant.
Examples of Duties
- Implements College and EDA grant goals as related to instructional area.
- Prepares, teaches, and evaluates courses in all aspects of marine trade topic and related topics.
- Uses various teaching strategies, learning styles and delivery methods to support student success.
- Remains current with industry technology, standards, trends and software.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Participates and makes recommendations in the development of new course and program applications in conjunction with the
- Program Coordinator.
- Incorporates retention strategies to encourage student/program completion.
- Assesses, prioritizes and manages equipment and supplies for the program and monitors the security of the program's
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in lab(s) or classroom.
- Performs other duties as assigned.