- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. A Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in graduate-level mathematics is required.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially with faculty and staff is required.
3. Candidates should possess knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and methods which enhance student success.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to move between classrooms, buildings and campuses
• Ability to express or exchange ideas
• Good eye/hand dexterity
• Moderate lifting
1. A Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education (with 18 graduate semester hours in graduate-level mathematics).
2. Prior teaching experience at the community college level is strongly preferred.
3. Experience teaching high school students.
4. Use of current technology in mathematics instruction and experience teaching online classes.
Will teach a variety of day and evening classes in the mathematics curriculum ranging from Transition Math up through Calculus III. The instructor may also teach classes at off-site locations as needed. The instructor will provide academic advising to students and will perform other departmental and/or college-wide duties as needed.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Western Piedmont Community College