201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in mathematics (or closely related field with 18 graduate hours in mathematics) from an accredited institution required.
- Must meet minimum SACS criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior college teaching experience required.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking, stooping, and bending required.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Ph.D. in mathematics from an accredited institution preferred.
- Broad training in all areas of mathematics preferred.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Online teaching experience using Blackboard learning management system preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 3/9/22
A full time faculty member is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time faculty member is a demanding one that involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to College and community. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
- Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
- Treat students with tact and respect, maintain collegial relationships, and work productively as a member of a team.
- Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
- Maintain a high-degree of flexibility to be accessible and accommodate student needs,which may require meetings outside of scheduled classroom or office time. consultations to accommodate student needs.
- Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
- Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
- Due to the ongoing evolution of technology, this position requires the regular updating of technical and instructional knowledge, skills, and abilities through professional development or coursework.
- Serve on College committees.
- Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, Division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
- Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
- Participate in activities that enhance the College's service to students and to the community.
- Use of College technology systems such as Blackboard, AVISO, accessibility software, etc. required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact