- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or a Master’s degree in a related field with 18 approved graduate hours in Mathematics from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Post-secondary teaching experience in mathematics
- Doctorate in Mathematics from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Community college teaching experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team as our new Instructor, Mathematics.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach pre-curriculum and curriculum mathematics courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs. Faculty will also be responsible for advising students and collaborating with 4 year educational partners to ensure transferability of courses.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact