- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
One to three years of engineering experience in industry and/or education, specifically in computer aided drafting and 3-D prototyping technologies, is required.
Training and Experience:
Associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. Autodesk Certified Professional and Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP – Mechanical Design), or willingness to obtain the certifications, is required.
Teaching experience at the community college level with proficiency in learning management systems, specifically OpenLMS/Moodle is preferred.
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
Instructor, Mechanical Engineering Technology provides accessible, quality learning experiences within the classroom, laboratory, clinical, and/or distance learning settings; facilitates the learning process to help students be successful; provides accurate, quality academic and career advisement for students; seeks professional development opportunities to implement best practices in teaching within their discipline area; maintains office hours according to institutional policy; completes required course assessments and documentation in an accurate and timely manner; attends college meetings, student activities, institutional functions; and contributes to the development of curriculum courses and programs.
Essential responsibilities and other duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans and delivers accessible, quality instruction that enhances student learning and ensures students’ understanding of course outcomes.
- Instructs 15-22 contact hours, in either curriculum, non-curriculum, or business and industry, each semester; prepares objectives, assignments, assessments, instructional and supplemental materials, grading standards, and attendance policies in accordance with college and department policies; develops course syllabi to be distributed; keeps online courses regularly updated; and begins and ends class as scheduled.
- Ensures the classroom environment (seated, online, or hybrid) is appropriate for all student learners through equity, inclusion, and globalization by using multiple teaching frameworks, such as Culturally Responsive Teaching and Universal Design for Learning.
- Ensures availability for all students, in the classroom and through distance learning, by maintaining established office hours, offering availability by appointment, and by responding to electronic communication in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Maintains and completes accurate records of student attendance and grades as indicated by institutional policy, and submits all final reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Remains knowledgeable with program and/or transfer requirements to deliver accurate, quality academic and career advising to students.
- Develops new courses and/or revises course content and outcomes in area as needed; recommends appropriate course textbooks, supplies, software, and equipment; provides input into the development of the program’s course sequence and the course schedule.
- Participates in institutional effectiveness processes, including program review, course outcome assessment, and grants; contributes to the development of the division’s plans of action as needed.
- Participates in the academic program’s recruitment and retention efforts; reviews and provides recommendations for the program publications, webpage, publicity, and other community relations activities and events.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure quality instruction and the successful implementation of department, division, or college-wide goals.
- Supports collaboration with other divisions and departments to align comprehensive credit and non-credit courses and programs where appropriate.
- Attends workshops, seminars, and conferences; makes presentations to outside agencies as a representative of the college; researches and implements best practices in teaching in the assigned area of study; participates in thirty (30) hours of professional development activities each academic year, including required employee training offered by the college.
- Mentors part-time instructors to ensure quality instruction, assisting with measuring course outcomes, developing outlines and assessments, and completing forms, grades, and attendance reports, if needed.
- Actively supports the college’s initiatives of retention, progression, and completion leading to the success of all student learners.
- Supports the mission, vision, and values of the college by adhering to all policies, procedures and faculty guidelines.
- Serves on standing and ad hoc committees and focus groups; researches and develops recommendations related to academic and instructional programs; maintains contacts with business, industry, and professional organizations for the purpose of keeping instructional programs current.
- Participates in the development and delivery of public information efforts; supports college functions and cultural activities.
- Assists with inventory of programmatic equipment; assumes responsibility for labs and other facilities designated primarily for the assigned program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. The President or appropriate supervisory personnel may assign additional duties. The college reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title with or without notice.
Job Post Contact
Executive Director, Human Resources
Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
2855 Hickory Blvd.
Hudson, NC 28638
PH: (828) 726-2269