- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, December 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s Degree in science or a health related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Current Medical Assisting Certification from an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANS), e.g. the Certified Medial Assistant (CMA) credential through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
• Evidence of courses/content in educational theory and techniques
• Two years of relevant experience in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
• Experience teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development and/or other continuing education offerings
• Master’s Degree in science or a health related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Greater than two years of relevant experience in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
• Post-secondary teaching experience
• Experience with assessment of student learning and/or student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The full-time Medical Assisting faculty member participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact