- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 19, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or a health-related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Current Medical Assisting Certification from an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), e.g. the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) credential through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Evidence of courses/content in educational theory and techniques
- Three years of relevant experience in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
- Post-secondary teaching and/or industry training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars.
- Master’s Degree in science or a health-related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Greater than three years of relevant experience in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing or observing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
- Post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning and/or student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC. Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional leader who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the instructional team.
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under supervision of the Dean of Health Sciences and Program Director for Medical Assisting, this individual will prepare and teach Medical Assisting program courses. The successful candidate must be able to instruct on a wide range of medical assisting topics and supervise skill practice in both the lab and clinical setting. The individual will also be responsible for collaborating with community healthcare partners to coordinate necessary training and education experiences consistent with federal, state, and local regulations as well as programmatic accrediting standards.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact