Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in Medical Assisting or related field required; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- As set forth by the CAAHEP:
- Demonstrate appropriate academic background
- Possess appropriate experience in the field of medical assisting as evidenced by education and/or experience and have instruction in education theory and techniques
- Be a Certified Medical Assistant or have qualifications otherwise acceptable.
Licensing or certification requirements:
- Current American Association of Medical Assistant Certification (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (AMT) preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility.
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to meet the essential cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements and functions
- Able to lift and transfer at least 20 pounds and stand for periods of time.
- Must be able to operate various Medical Assisting equipment used in the administrative and clinical portion of program.
See minimum qualifications.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a Medical Assisting Instructor. This is a full-time, benefit eligible, 10 month position. Benefits include 12 paid holidays per year, paid sick leave, State Health Plan at a nominal cost to the employee, and TSERS retirement eligibility. The candidate must have the ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule, and limited travel within our service area.
Budgeted annual hiring range: $42,340 to $50,470
The instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the duties as described below.
Teaching and Learning:
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the program chair and approved by the division dean
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers SACS-approved competencies
- Order supplies and materials for labs supervised and prepare lab activities and assignments as needed
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Assume responsibility for maintaining all required college records including attendance and grade reports, roll books, etc.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments where applicable
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Maintain, review, and update course descriptions, objectives, and outlines for courses of instruction and develop new courses of study as necessary
- Make recommendations to program chair for selection of supplies, equipment, equipment repairs, textbooks for courses of study, and the scheduling of classroom and laboratory facilities
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the program(s) in the area of expertise
- Assist with the development of new programs in the area of expertise
- Provide assistance to advisees
- Participate in department, division and college-wide advising activities
- Learn and maintain proficiency with program requirements of assigned advisees
- Use the computer and the college’s student information system to assist advisees
- Follow up on all assigned advisees
- Attend training sessions relative to advising
- Develop a professional development plan that is approved by the program chair and then the division dean and participate in those activities
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Keep abreast of current technology
- Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings
- Participate in required on-campus professional development activities
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Serve on committees as required
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
- Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Attach to your application a resume, copy of licenses and certifications, as well as a copy of your unofficial post-secondary transcripts. Applications will be accepted through August 6. 2021.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Offers of employment are conditional subject to satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557