Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 27, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Associate degree in Nursing;
2. Two years of full-time or 4000 hours of clinical work experience as an RN;
3. At least one of the following: completion of a course in teaching adults; experience in teaching adults; or experience in supervising nurse aides;
4. Unrestricted RN License to practice in NC;
5. Current CPR certification for the professional rescuer;
6. Obtain CPR Instructor Certification to teach CPR classes.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Education or have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
2. Experience teaching at a community college;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in nurse aide (classroom, laboratory, clinical and simulation settings) and other nurse aide courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Teaches approved State Nurse Aide Curriculum
3. Instructs students on the significance of accuracy, sanitation efficiency, resourcefulness, and good work habits.
4. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Adheres to clinical sites’ policies, procedures, expectations, and practices.
7. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
8. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
9. Instructs classes at various locations and times as scheduled and/or needed.
10. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
11. Assists with state audits and approvals, program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
12. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
13. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
14. Supports diversity in all aspects.
15. Maintains continued competency as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the Department of Health and Human Services.
16. Completes continuing education as required by the college.
17. Enforces academic policy and procedures at all times.
18. Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
19. Represents the college in a positive and professional manner at all times.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.