Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 26, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate degree in Nursing;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or 4000 hours of clinical work experience as an RN;
3. Must have at least one of the following: completion of a course in teaching adults; experience in teaching adults; or experience in supervising nurse aides.
4. Must have an unrestricted RN license to practice in NC;
5. Must have a current CPR certification for the professional rescuer
6. Must obtain CPR Instructor Certification to teach CPR classes.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Education or have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
2. Experience teaching at a community college;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in nurse aide (classroom, laboratory, clinical and simulation settings) and other nurse aide courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Teaches approved State Nurse Aide Curriculum
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
5. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
6. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
7. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
8. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
9. Attends meetings and events and actively participates in committees and task forces.
10. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
11. Supports diversity in all aspects.
12. Maintains continued competency as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the Department of Health and Human Services.
13. Completes continuing education as required by the college.
14. Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.