- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, March 6, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Current unrestricted license or multistate license privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina
• Preparation in teaching and learning principles, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation, appropriate to assignment as required by the NC Board of Nursing
• Three calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse
• Teaching and/or industry training experience in nursing topics in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops and/or other continuing education seminars
• Master’s degree in Nursing Education or higher from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
• Greater than three calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse
• Post-secondary teaching experience
• Experience with assessment of student learning and/or student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The full-time Nursing faculty member participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact