Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of a Master of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited institution;
2. Two years of full-time or equivalent work experience as an RN.
1. Master of Science in Nursing Education or completion of NCBON required preparation in teaching and learning principles;
2. Ability to conduct acute care clinical at Mission Health;
3. Experience teaching at a community college;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in nursing (classroom, laboratory, clinical and simulation settings) and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Maintains continued competency as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and completes continuing education as required by the college
15. Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
16. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
17. Supports diversity in all aspects.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.