Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 23, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
***IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANTS***
When Human Resources receives enough qualified applications, we will move forward regardless of the posted close date (required field), but the position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy or related field (awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education);
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent experience in the field of occupational therapy, which must include:
- Clinical practice as an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant;
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting;
- Understanding of, and experience with, occupational therapy assistants' responsibilities;
- Scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning);
- Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
3. Certified in Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapy Assistant with licensure in NC.
1. Experience teaching at an NC Community College;
2. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in nursing (classroom, laboratory, clinical and simulation settings) and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Maintains continued competency as required by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and completes continuing education as
required by the college.
15. Maintains unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
16. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
17. Supports diversity in all aspects.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.