Instructor, Nursing (Simulation Coordinator) (Re-advertised) ($10,000 Hiring Bonus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Masters of Nursing degree in Education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Current unrestricted license or multistate license privilege to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
• Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) and/or Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) or ability to obtain certification within one year of hire date.
• 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse within the past 10 years.
• Experience with state board of nursing and national accreditation guidelines applicable to the use of simulation and other technologies.
• Experience developing and/or conducting nursing simulation activities in an educational or health care environment.
• 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience to include both didactic and clinical modalities in a board approved nursing program
• Doctoral degree in nursing education administration or education from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse.
• Experience in the role of Simulation/Lab Coordinator in a state board of nursing approved post-secondary institution.
• Greater than 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching experience to include both didactic and clinical modalities in a board approved nursing program
• Community college teaching and/or administrative experience.
• Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
• Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
The Instructor of Nursing (Simulation Coordinator) works in collaboration with the Director of Nursing Programs, to ensure a robust and relevant simulation experience for program students. This position supports the integration of simulation experiences across both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing curriculums to support learning outcomes. The coordinator provides faculty professional development opportunities around simulation best practices and maintains a state-of-the-art laboratory environment. In addition, the Instructor of Nursing (Simulation Coordinator) will be responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. This full-time faculty member maintains a teaching load in the Nursing Program with some administrative release time to carry out simulation coordinator duties.
How to Apply
For the complete job description and to apply on-line, go to https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/7260
Job Post Contact