- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution (nursing education major or equivalency as defined by the NC Board of Nursing)
- Unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina
- National Simulation Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 1 year.
- 3 years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse
- 3 years post-secondary teaching and/or industry training experience in nursing
- 1 year of Simulation experience/management
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
Under general supervision, this individual will develop, prepare and teach clinical simulation topics in the lab setting designed for the nursing programs. The faculty member must be able to instruct a wide variety of topics within the nursing curriculum in the simulation environment and may be required to teach day, evening and /or weekend hours. In addition, this individual will oversee simulation for other health science programs as requested. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the simulation labs and equipment (including high fidelity manikins), incorporating clinical simulation into nursing courses, monitoring and scheduling nursing computer stations (including laptops), and developing simulation scenarios in conjunction with program faculty.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact