Closes: Friday, March 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s degree or higher in Physical Education or related field with at least 18 graduate hours in Physical Education from a regionally accredited institution
- One year teaching experience in a secondary or post-secondary educational setting
- Doctorate degree in Physical Education or related field
- Three years of teaching experience in the community college setting
General Job Description: Instructor, Physical Education reports directly to the Department Head, Sciences/Health/Physical Education. Instructor, Physical Education provides quality learning experiences, facilitates the learning process, advises students, seeks professional development opportunities, and contributes to the development of curriculum courses/programs.
- Teach all assigned courses, a range of 18 – 21 contact hours, for the full duration of scheduled instruction
- Ensure that each class session contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and maintains currency
- Teach an academic success class, as needed
- Evaluate student progress and provide appropriate, timely feedback
- Incorporate appropriate instructional technology to enhance student learning
- Provide and/or facilitate quality experiences in laboratory and/or clinical settings to meet program needs
- Maintain cleanliness of instructional areas and laboratories
- Ensure the proper operation of classroom/lab equipment, reporting any malfunctions to the appropriate person(s)
- Recommend textbooks and other instructional materials, including classroom and laboratory equipment to Department Head
- Develop and distribute course syllabi according to established template providing appropriate information to students concerning course expectations and evaluation criteria
Other Services to Students
- Maintain appropriate office hours and accessibility for students, a minimum of 5 hours a week.
- Serve as educational advisor to assigned students by providing academic and employment planning
- Participate in semester advising and registration activities as assigned
- Perform and verify graduation degree audits
- Assist in the recruitment and retention efforts of the College
- Advocate and provide motivation for students
- Communicate student needs to Department Head
Divisional Administrative Expectations
- Prepare and submit instructional records, reports, grades, and all other required paperwork in a timely, efficient manner meeting all deadlines, checking for accuracy, correctness and completeness of all data
- Exert an effort to remain current in discipline and instructional methods through professional development activities offered by the College and other opportunities including attendance at off-campus activities, webinars, etc., as feasible
- Participate in program and curriculum review; offering suggestions concerning the improvement of curriculum in keeping with the mission and vision of the College
- Serve on and actively contribute to college committees as needed and as appointed by the President
- Participate in discipline, departmental, divisional, and institutional meetings and other announced co-curricular activities of the College
- Maintain proper communication and supportive relationships at all times with all other units and branches of the college
- Maintain posted office and on-campus hours sufficient to fulfill all contracted duties and individual professional obligations, as well as to meet the needs of the discipline, department, division, and College
College Requirements of all Employees:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205