Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, March 12, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. A minimum of a Master’s degree in Physics or a related discipline with at least 18 graduate hours in Physics;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard.
1. Experience teaching at a community college;
2. Experience teaching calculus-based physics courses;
3. Experience advising students;
4. Experience with Smartboards, Web Assign, MasteringChemistry, Sappling, and MicroSoft Office Suite;
5. Experience with interface equipment such as PASCO Scientific;
6. Experience with NISOD Best Practices for Teaching Online;
7. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in the Chemistry & Physics Department and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Science degree.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Develops and/or teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
3. Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
4. Advises students.
5. Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
6. Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
7. Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
8. Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
9. Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
10. Attends meetings and events and actively participate on committees and taskforces.
11. Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
12. Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
13. Supports diversity in all aspects.
14. Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
15. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
16. Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
17. Completes required professional development annually.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.