Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, June 9, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Master’s degree in Physics or related discipline with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Physics;
2. Experience teaching in higher education; this includes any college-level teaching experience is applicable.
- Experience teaching at a community college.
- Experience using Moodle or another learning management system to conduct courses.
- Experience advising students.
- Experience with Web Assign, MasteringPhysics or other online homework platform.
- Experience with interface equipment such as PASCO Scientific.
- NISOD Best Practices for Teaching Online.
- Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position provides instruction in Physics and advising for students pursuing the Associate of Science and Associate of Arts degrees.
- Maintains mastery of subject matter.
- Develops and teaches courses for which the appropriate credential is held.
- Uses the Moodle learning management system to conduct courses.
- Teaches in various formats, various locations, and via various delivery methods.
- Works with other Physics instructors to select textbooks, maintain equipment, and revise/update in-house materials, including lab manuals.
- Advises students.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, expectations, and practices of the College, the department, and discipline.
- Communicates clearly with students, other faculty, and staff.
- Contributes to a safe and secure campus environment.
- Enforces Code of Classroom Conduct and Code of Student Conduct.
- Assists with program reviews, program accreditation, and SACSCOC accreditation as appropriate.
- Attends meetings and events and actively participates on committees and task forces.
- Attends the annual commencement ceremony.
- Upholds the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
- Supports diversity in all aspects.
- Establishes or upholds learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
- Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
- Develops, prepares, and/or delivers all levels of curriculum courses.
- Completes required professional development annually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.