- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Possess/maintain one of these: NC Plumbing Class I Contractor License (P-I); NC Plumbing Class II Contractor License (P-II); NC Restricted Limited Plumbing Contractor License (RLP)
Professionalism: The ability to interact with adult students in a manner that encourages learning and avoids criticism of any person, agency, or organization. Professional appearance and attire.
Five years experience as a Licensed Plumber.
- The ability to effectively communicate and instruct student learning objectives and present accurate and relevant information through topic mastery of the subject matter, using correct grammar and vocabulary.
- The ability to learn/utilize instructional aids (computer, LCD projector, etc.) and varied instructional applications and techniques for successful delivery of course content, including online Moodle for student assignments, class activities, and tests/exams.
- Assist with selection of course textbook and development of course outline.
- Maintain accurate class paperwork and submit completed paperwork within three (3) business days of the class end date.
- Maintain classroom environment and shop/lab safety within current regulations, and report problems in a timely manner to Director of Trades Program.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional equipment, tools, and supplies and report any irregularities in a timely manner to Director of Trades Program.
- As requested by Director of Trades Program, furnish a list of instructional equipment, tools, and supplies needed to accomplish student learning objectives for each class.
- Participate in and support ongoing course assessment, planning, and evaluation to improve student learning.