COA - Dare
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, October 10, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years work experience in professional craft jewelry OR an Associate degree, diploma, or certificate from a professional school/college in Professional Craft Jewelry or related field OR a MFA with a concentration in Metals/Jewelry
- Demonstrated competencies in a variety of areas related to jewelry creation, metal-work, and jewelry repairs.
- Five years of work experience in professional craft jewelry or a related field.
- Prior experience in an educational setting or training/teaching experience.
The role of the Part-Time Instructor, Professional Craft Jewelry is to provide knowledge in his/her field of expertise and to promote various student-centered learning activities that will stimulate an interest in critical thinking and a desire for life-long learning. Various teaching strategies, learning styles and delivery methods, including new technology systems, will be utilized to reach this goal.
The Part-Time Instructor, Art receives supervision from the Department Chair, Humanities and Fine Arts.
Examples of Duties:
- Prepares, teaches, and evaluates assigned instructional courses (classroom and lab).
- Updates course syllabi to reflect changes.
- Develops supplemental teaching materials to augment courses.
- Implements new teaching strategies as appropriate.
- Evaluates textbooks for relevancy, quality and currency, making recommendations as necessary per established policy.
- Maintains accurate records of students' attendance and performance.
- Submits reports in accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to assigned teaching load/hours.
- Integrates new technology in instructional delivery methods.
- Supplies information/data for the annual department budget based on stated goals.
- Adheres to/enforces policies and procedures related to academic area.
- Maintains a hazard free environment and practices safety in lab(s) or classroom.
- Keeps students advised of their progress in class.
- Writes letters of recommendations for students on request if appropriate.
- Stays abreast of new developments and changes in academic field.
- Adheres to college's policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.