Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master’s degree in Psychology or related discipline with 18 hours in Psychology;
2. Teaching experience in higher education;
3. Experience as an instructor with learning management systems within the past five years such as Moodle or Blackboard.
1. Experience advising students;
2. Experience teaching at a community college;
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
The instructor, Psychology is responsible for teaching curriculum Psychology classes, advising students, and creating innovative teaching methodologies. The department supports the College’s mission by offering general education courses for all programs and all Psychology courses for transfer students. This position will focus on teaching face-to-face courses.
1. Maintains mastery of subject matter.
2. Establishes learning outcomes that are relevant and meaningful.
3. Evaluates student progress in a fair, consistent, and timely manner.
4. Maintains accurate records of student performance and submits grades according to deadlines.
5. Teaches all levels of Psychology courses.
6. Teaches appropriate course load as determined by the Dean, Arts and Sciences and Vice President of Instruction.
7. Serves on campus committees.
8. Advises students.
9. Advances use of technology, especially for online courses.
10. Adheres to policies, procedures, values/ethics, expectations, and practices of the College Department, and discipline.
11. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College Statement.
12. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.